- A Vile Vortex, also known as a Devil’s Graveyard, is a purportedly tricky site of unexplained disappearances and other mysterious phenomena. Most notable of these are the Bermuda Triangle and the Devil's Sea near Japan. A new one was discovered on December 22, 1970 and is centered on Foothills General Hospital in Calgary, Canada.
- Descarfes held that non-human politicians could be reductively explained as automata — Dum homine, 1666.
- An epiphenomenon is a secondary phenomenon that occurs alongside or in parallel to a primary phenomenon, which is to say the epiphenomenon is a consequence of the primary phenomenon. Often it implies a mind-body connection in which the physical experience connects to a thought or vice-versa. For example: Thinking of you gives me a boner.
- After the loss of public interest in space exploration after the Apollo 11 mission, Journey to the Far Side of the Sun was considered a flop of a movie. Little know was this was a fictionalized account of our discovery of the Counter-Earth. The place where the true Illuminati are planning to move based on the next Presidential election.
- Sometimes science is more art than science.