Saturday, November 14, 2009

His Spirit Lives On...

Once upon a time, when I lived with my parents I rented a lot of movies. One day while my Dad had some friends over, I was on my way out to get a movie and he asked me where I was going.

"I'm going to go rent a movie," I announced.

"Again?" He asked, "You get a lot of movies."

"Yeah, but they're only a dollar," I replied.

And then in an incomprehensible yet hilarious attempt at showing off in front of his friends he said the words that my brothers and I repeat to this day:

"Why don't you give ME a dollar and I'll make YOU a movie... and not tell you the end"

Huh?

Fast forward to this morning and Jubilee tells me "Dad you gotta tell a story."

"You want me to tell you a story?" I asked her.

"No, you have to tell yourself a story... in your brain."

And she walked away without further explanation.

Thanks Dad. Your silliness lives on.

No comments: